There’s nothing worse then rushing out to buy that latest Armani foundation or Lancôme lipstick to find out after you apply it that it’s really not you. Avoid throwing your hard earned money down the drain by searching for samples of popular makeup brands. It’s actually a lot easier then you might think to get your hands on free samples and big brands like Benefit and Estée Lauder are often seen giving products away. Here’s a list of the places you should look to get your free makeup samples.
Feel Unique Pick and Mix
Join testing panel sites
- Click Research – they offer regular surveys to test a whole range of beauty and food products.
- Alba Science – on this site you can request to try shampoos, makeup and body products.
- Toluna – this is a survey site that gives you the chance to apply for popular makeup products to review. Trials are extremely popular and you will probably have to keep requesting to try a product before you get lucky.
- Boots panel – another really popular panel that lets you test all sorts of beauty products sold by boots. The catch is you won’t know what brand they are to avoid a bias review.
- Trnd – this is a new site that lets you test popular products across Europe. One of the latest was a batiste dry shampoo.
If you pop along to one of the big makeup counters in department stores like Debenhams and John Lewis you have a good chance of getting a few freebies. Ask for a makeover or demo of a new product and once they’ve finished ask if they can provide a sample. You can say that you want to see how it looks in natural light and come back if it’s suitable for you. You’ll often be given a little pot with the product in, often it’s mainly foundation samples but other products may be available.
Look out for free sample offers
Often big brands will advertise free samples of their new products on their website or through social media. You can also try signing up to sites like latestfreestuff.co.uk as they often list links to the latest beauty sample releases. Be quick though as they get snapped up really quickly!
Sign up to cashback sites
Often sites like TopCashback will offer you a free beauty product for registering as a new member. You will initially have to pay for the product and they’ll refund you in cashback. It’s not valid for existing members (much to my disappointment!)