In the run up to the party season I want a eyeshadow palette that can make my eyes sparkle and look fab with a little black number.
Asda eyeshadow palette in Nude comes complete with a delectable spectrum of warm Autumn shades. It comes with a double ended brush with a sponge and brush applicators.
The shades were buttery soft and gave great colour payoff as soon as I applied the swatches to my skin. I only needed one swipe of colour to get the finish you see in the swatch and didn’t need to build it up at all. I was pleasantly impressed with the pigmentation of the matte shades which have fairly intense colour. The shimmery shades have a gorgeous light reflecting highlight finish and I especially love the jewel like quality of Champagne and Stripped.
I applied the eyeshadow using the brush and although it wasn’t the softest I’ve ever tried the colour built up really quickly.
I wanted to create a look with the palette that really demonstrates the warm Autumn colours. Find out how you can recreate them below.
Jewelled gold combine brown and gold shades to create a delicate subtle smokey look. I love the gorgeous shimmer this look creates.
- Apply stripped to the inner 2/3 of your eye
- I added more depth to the look by applying Truffle to the outer 1/3 of my eye and blended the two shades together
Autumn glow combines the warmth of a sunset pink and the frostiness of a light shimmer to create a eye catching look.
- I applied Champagne to the inner 1/3 of my eye
- To add warmth to the look and to contrast with the frostiness of Champagne I blended Wink in the outer 2/3 of my eye
The eyeshadows last all day without fading and there was no fall out when applying penny the end of the day. I did notice that quite a lot of eyeshadow shifts when I applied it to the brush so it might not last as long as some pricier palettes.
The palette is amazing value at just £6 and I would highly recommend you give it a go. Check out what I got from the new Asda makeup range.
I give it 4/5
- Lovely selection of warm autumn shades
- No fall out
- Blends easily
- Shades are really pigmented
- There is quite a lot of powder loss on some of the shades when applying it to the brush