What the brand says
Primark’s Ps Nudes eyeshadow palette is one of the latest releases in their eyeshadow range. Priced at just £4 this palette has 8 shimmer and matte nude shades.
You know what this palette reminds me of – Urban Decay’s Naked 2 palette. As one of the most popular palettes on the market it’s no surprise every brand wants to imitate its winning formula.
The palette only has 8 shades compared to 12 in the Naked 2 palette and the colours are slightly similar but not identical. It has a full length mirror and a double ended bristle brush which seems a little more high end then the typical sponge brush. The majority of the palette is made up of 6 shimmer shades with 2 matte browns. When swatched the shades all appear very soft with a lovely shimmer running through all but one shade (number 5). The shimmery shades were easy to apply without too much resistance. The matte shades were a different story and appeared a little stiff with uneven application in places. My favourites are probably 3, 4 and 6 as these are the prettiest of the shades.
As always I’m going to choose a select few shades to see what they look like on and their longevity. To recreate this look simply apply as follows:
1. Firstly I applied number 6 in the inner eye area and blended slightly outwards
2. Next I applied number 8 on the middle of the eye towards the outer edge and blending the two shades together
3. Finally I used number 5 on top of number 8 to get a smokey effect
When I applied the eyeshadow I was actually really impressed with how pigmented it was. It was very soft in the swatch but when actually on the eye the colour is more intense. The shades blend really nicely together although there was a small amount of fall out.
A nice palette with a decent selection of shades. I like how pigmented the shades are which is good considering the price of the palette.
I give it 4/5
Have you tried this palette? What do you think of the shades?
- Only £4 so a bargain buy
- Comes with a mirror and double ended bristle brush so you can apply wherever you are
- Lovely shimmery shades
- Shades are really pigmented when applied to the eye
- The matte shades are quite difficult to work with and take a lot of effort to get a good colour pay off