Following on from their unveiling of the Chocolate makeup dupes of the popular Too Faced range, Primark is at it again. Their latest release is the Nudes collection – a almost exact copy of Kim Kardashian’s KKW Beauty. The range consists of Primark Ps Nudes eyeshadow collection £8, Primark Ps Nudes highlight and contour kit £8, Primark Ps Nudes Matte lipsticks £1.50, Primark Ps Nudes lip collection £3, Primark Ps Nudes Matte And Metallic eyeshadow creams and Primark Nudes Eye and lip gloss stick £2.
Whilst I picked up a few items from the Nudes collection, this review is all about the creme de la creme is the range, the Nudes eyeshadow palette. The nudes palette has 28 shades in a mixture of glitter, shimmer and matte finishes. The colour spectrum of the palette is quite varied with colours ranging from light whites to burgundy, grey and black. I typically consider nudes to consist mainly of browns and beige shades so it certainly jumps outside the box with the varying shades available.
The palette is really well made and when swatched there was virtually no fall out which is quite rare for cheaper palettes (and some pricier ones too). The only shade that did have some fall out was the mid pink (no 16). Most of the shades were heavily pigmented albeit some of the lighter matte shades not so much (I guess there’s a few duds in every palette!?). I only needed to apply the shades once to get the finish you see in the swatch, the eyeshadows are fairly strong in their own right so I didn’t really need to build up the colour. I think you could create lots of different looks with this palette with colours suitable for day and night.
For the look I created I combined some of my favourite colours, pink and gold. Here’s how you can recreate it:
- I created a lighter effect on my inner eye by applying the shimmery pink (no 3) and applying it to 1/3 of my lid
- Next I applied the gold shade (no 12) to the outer 2/3 of my eye. The gold was quite a good colour to use with the pink as it added a bit of contrast but was not too strong a difference so the colours blend well together.
When I applied the eyeshadow there was no fall out and throughout the day the shadow stayed put on my lid. The shimmery shadow lasts all day without too much in the way of fading, but I found the matte shadow creased.
A beautiful range of shades that are perfect for creating a multitude of looks at an amazing price. The matte shades whilst buildable do tend to crease, however the shimmery shades blend well and last all day without fading. I give the palette 3/5
- 28 shades in varying shades across the colour spectrum to create a multitude of different looks
- The palette is suitable for creating looks for day or night
- The shimmery shades are easy to work with and last all day without fading
- Great price at just £8.00
- The matte shades creased and faded quite a bit
You can get the palette and other products in the range in most Primark stores.