What can Gosh To Party in London do for you?
Get ready to party with Gosh’s latest collection of 9 on trend metallic shades. The eyeshadows have been designed with a perfume and paraben free formula that is easy to mix and blend. Featuring eyeshadows in matte, metallic and shimmer finishes the palette could be used to create a large range of looks.
If you’re planning a big night out and need a palette that will make your eyes pop, Gosh To Party In London is a great contender. With 9 on trend metallic shades the palette colour spectrum ranges from neutral brown to smokey blue.
I’ve got a new phone now so the better camera really captures the true essence of the eyeshadows. Whilst Gosh claim there’s a good mix of matte, shimmer and metallic shades, in my opinion there are very few matte shades to use in the palette. The light and dark brown (no2 and 6) are probably the only ones that I would consider matte. So if you’re a matte kind of girl this probably isn’t the palette for you.
Some of the shades are really intense whilst others don’t have as much impact. The light and dark brown (no2) took a little while to build up the colour and the dark brown swatch (no3) looks completely different to the pan colour. When applying to my brush the eyeshadow in the pan didn’t shift much so it’s likely the palette will last for quite a while.
I wanted to go for a look that was a bit different to my usual style. This smokey eyeshadow look combines some of the darker shades of the palette. Here’s how you can recreate it.
- To add light to the inner eye I applied the light silver to the Inner corner
- The dark blue was great for adding a smokey effect. I used this on 2/3 of my lid. I did feel it started taking over a little bit and spreading further then I wanted it to
- Finally I used the smokey grey to the outer corner to add intensity to the look.
Of course I couldn’t resist trying out a look that used the gold shades. Here’s how you can recreate it:
- I went in lightly with the light gold on the inner corner of my eye
- The dark gold shade was good at adding a gentle contrast
The palette was pretty easy to work with. The eyeshadows are creamy and build up colour instantly so I didn’t really have to build up the coverage. There was very little fall out of the shadows in the pan which was good to see and suggests that these will last quite a while. When applying to my eyes the blue did drop slightly on my face initially but once applied remained all day. The gold shades were easy to blend and I liked the shimmery finish.
The eyeshadows have good longevity and didn’t tend to fade very much. By the end of the day there was no colour fall out and I was pleased that I didn’t end up with glitter around my eyes. It has a nice mix of shades so you can use the palette for most events – whether it’s to go to work or a night out with friends.
I give it 4/5
- Good mix of shimmer and metallic shades
- The eyeshadows last all day without dropping
- By the end of the day the eyeshadows had not faded that much
- A range of colours makes the palette suitable for a number of different events
- Very little powder shift when applying to the brush which means the palette is likely to last a lot longer
- The palette says it contains matte shades so if you pick it up for that reason you may find it’s not for you
- Small amount of fall out initially when applying