Christmas is that one time of the year when we can really let our hair down and let the bubbly flow. With so many christmas party invites in the diary it can be hard to find a lipstick that would suit whatever look you’re going for. Whether you want to wear a conservative dress for your grans christmas party or want to vamp it up a little at your office do, a mulled wine lip adds the perfect finishing touch. If you’re not a fan of the strong lip look you can tone it down and there’s lots of mid berry shades that add a subtle christmas glamour.
As the berry colour can be quite bold it can draw attention to your lips. As a result you want to ensure your lips are as smooth as possible.
Here’s my top tips for trying out the mulled wine look.
1. Use a lip scrub such as Jeffree Star Velour lip scrub to gently buff your lips and get rid of any dead skin. As I mentioned above this is quite important as you don’t want to get a bumpy finish.
2. To avoid your lip colour bleeding use a berry coloured lip liner to line your lips and then fill in the rest of your lips so your lipstick has a solid base to settle on. Try Lottie London Slay All day lip liner in Berry.
3. Once you’ve filled in your lips you’ll want to choose a berry lipstick that will reflect the kind of event or look you’re going for. If you want something a little more subtle you can try Smashbox Berry Ombre, a pretty trio of three fairly subtle berry shades.
If you want something that is a bit more bold and has more of a gothic finish then NYX Moonlight Night is the perfect berry shade to finish your look. It has a hydrating butter soft formula which means you’ll have a super soft pout for kissing under the mistletoe.
After adding your first layer of lipstick, blot your lips with a tissue then add a second layer.
4. Remove any jagged edges or unevenness with a creamy concealer which you can apply delicately with a final concealer brush. I’m a real fan of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage high coverage concealer. As I have quite visible dark circles I need a good concealer to conceal them and this works really well.
5. Finish the look by applying a touch of strobe cream to your cupids bow. This will really make your lips pop. Try MAC Strobe Cream.
With your look finished you’re ready to go and p-a-r-t-y. Have an amazing time and do let me know how much fun you had!