The perfect accompaniment to a cold winter day is a steaming cup of hot chocolate. So what’s the trick to making that perfect cup of hot chocolate? The thing to remember is that you can’t just use hot water, that will make your hot chocolate taste really bland. For the most authentic hot chocolate you need to use real milk. Read on to find out how to make the best winter warmer.
- Drinking chocolate (1 tablespoon per mug)
- 150ml of full fat milk (or semi if you want to skip the calories)
- Handful of marshmallows
- Whipped cream
1. Pour 150ml of full fat milk into a saucepan and leave it to simmer
2. Pour 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate into a mug
3. Whilst you’re waiting for the milk to heat up pour a small amount over the hot chocolate to help it dissolve. On top of the dissolving chocolate place a few marshmallows
4. Once the milk has started to simmer pour it into a jug with a lid and shake it till it starts to froth
5. Once your milk has frothed pour it over the hot chocolate
6. Squirt whipped cream over the hot chocolate and decorate with marshmallows, a sprinkling of hot chocolate powder
7. Enjoy your perfect hot chocolate!