In the world of beauty there’s one eternal question that perplexes all beauty lovers- should you use cream or powder blusher? The answer is not a simple one and really depends on your complexion and the kind of look you want to achieve.
Powder blusher works best on oily or combination skins but can be used on all skin types. It’s super easy to blend and is good for helping to eliminate excess shine.
Try Delilah colour blusher
- The best way to apply powder blush is to smile to find the apples of your cheeks and apply there for a natural flush of colour
- The best brush to use is a thick domed size brush as it can apply the maximum amount of colour you’ll want to apply to the apples of your cheeks
- Powder blusher can be very pigmented so try to avoid going in to heavy, especially with a blusher you haven’t used before
- Before applying powder blusher make sure you apply a finishing powder over your foundation. If you don’t you may find your blusher very difficult to blend.
Cream or liquid blushers are great if you want to get a natural flush of colour without looking too done up. You’ll be more likely to get a dewy finish then you would with powder blusher which means if you have oily skin you may want to avoid using it.
Try Rosie for Autograph cream blusher
- Using a brush is a big no no – you won’t get the natural finish you can achieve using the warmth of your fingertips
- If you feel the look is too faint it’s easy to build up the colour and you won’t end up looking like a clown as a result either
So what kind of blusher do you like to use the most? Are you a cream or powder blusher fan? As always I love to hear your comments!