Add a little va va voom to your look by ditching your go-to lippy and opting for a ombre lip. Ombre lips require two contrasting lip colours to create a contrast effect that really stands out. So want lips your friends will be jealous of? Simply follow this easy tutorial.
I used a combination of hot red and pink shades but you can use any contrasting colours to create an ombre finish.
1. Line your lips with a white lip liner to ensure you get a clean finish without any bleeding or feathering. (edit – I don’t have any white lip liners at the moment so I skipped this step)
Try Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics white lip liner £7.88 from Beauty Bay
2. Use a bright red lip liner and fill in the rest of your lips so the red will be super vibrant.
Try BH Cosmetics Waterproof lip liner in Delight – £4.00 at Beauty Bay
3. Apply a bright red lipstick over the liner with a lip brush so you get a precision finish
Try Nars Sheer lipstick in Manhunt £21 at Net-a-Porter
4. Make sure your lippy stays put by applying a matte red lipstick in a similar shade to the lipstick you applied in step 3
Try NYX Matte lipstick in Alabama £6.99 at Very
5. Grab a pink lipstick and gently dab colour to the centre of your lips
Try Illamasqua lipstick in Climax £20 at Net-a-Porter
Have fun showing off your new look!