What the brand says
Whilst metallic nails are making waves in Spring/summer 2017 fashion shows, pastel nails are a close contender. The sweet pastel shades in Essie’s latest collection are inspired by the glittering sugar confections of Paris most luxurious cafes.
The limited collection is only available until August 29th and has 6 must have shades:
- Eclair my love – a red candy shade that is the ultimate to adorn if you want to declare your love
- Blue-la-la – A delicate pastel blue to embrace the Parisian in you
- Baguette me not – there’s nothing like a little twist on words to introduce this dainty lilac number
- Sweet Souffle – you’ll be raising eyebrows with this sugar white that is topped with candied violet, a real sweet treat
- S’il vous play – the ultimate hero shade, a metallic purple foil that will become your favourite nail varnish of all time.
The Essie Summer collection couldn’t have come at a better time. The sun has finally got his hat on and it’s the perfect weather to embrace the cute summer dresses and tops. Summer is all about going for a lighter more carefree look and the new shades are so delicate and pretty they’re the perfect accompaniment for any summer outfit. From the minute I saw it I fell in love with S’il vous play, a beautiful pastel metallic shade that looks stunning.
The varnishes have a pretty large brush so they easily coat most of my nail in one swipe. The consistency of the polish is quite thick although to get full coverage I did go over the colours twice. After applying two coats, my nails had a reflective mirror like shine. Whilst the majority of the shades in the collection have pastel colouring, I did feel Fondant of You and Eclair My Love didn’t really fit in. S’il Vous Play is a gorgeous glitter varnish with a foil effect finish whilst Fondant of You has delicate glitter particles running through it. The varnishes dry really quickly and unlike Gala Bolds they didn’t smudge.
In terms of longevity the results were mixed. The polish on my right hand didn’t chip for days whilst my left chipped after a day or so.I am left handed so that may be the reason for that. If you are not too heavy with your hands you could probably get a good few days use out of the varnishes before they chip.
- Gorgeous pastel shades
- Mixture of pastel metal and glitter finishes
- Dries pretty quickly
- Doesn’t smudge
- One hand did chip fairly quickly so it would need touching up regularly.