What the brand says
Rusted Wonders is a new 6 shade eyeshadow palette that has a collection of soft, silky shades. The shades have been designed with a colour scheme to compliment each other so they can easily be used together for different looks.
The shades in this palette are gorgeous and I love the pearlised finish. There’s quite a few neutral shades in addition to the light bronze which has more of a metallic finish. The only odd one out is the red shade which doesn’t seem to quite fit with the rest of the colours.
When I first swatched the palette the lighter shades were coming out really faint so I was worried it wouldn’t be as pigmented as it looked on first impression. I needn’t have worried, whilst the first 3 shades are lot lighter they’re still pigmented, the last 3 shades however are so vibrant and pigmented it was great too see!
For the look I went for I used the 3 shades on the right of the palette, the gold, light brown and dark brown. In retrospect the colours have been planned out quite well with the left 3 colours looking like they’d go together quite nicely.
To recreate my look here’s what you need to do:
1. I applied the light gold shade in the inner corner of my eye.
2. Next I applied the light brown to the outer 2/3 of my eye blending out to the end of my eyelashes
3. To add a bit of definition I blended the dark brown into the light brown on the very outer edge of my lid.
I’m actually really pleased with the finished result, it’s super pigmented and the shades blend together so well. There was no fall out when I was applying it and ‘it lasts all day’
This is one beauty buy that I’m really glad I got (and I think it was free with a few other products in Superdrug). It applies really well, looks fab on and doesn’t break the bank.
Grab it for £3.50 in Superdrug or online at MUA
- The shades are really pigmented
- The left 3 shades work well together and the right 3 shades work well together for a defined look
- No fall out when applying
- Fantastic budget buy at only £3.50!
- None that I can see