What the brand says
Essence All About Bronze contains 8 perfectly matched shades in both matte and metallic textures. Each shade has been perfectly coordinated to work with the other so you can use the palette to create a number of different looks.
What drew me to this palette was of course the sparkly shimmer of the majority of the shades. Even better it only cost £4.00, a total bargain for 8 shades.
Whilst Essence say there is a mixture of matte and metallic textures, on first impression pretty much all of the shades appear to have a shimmery finish.
When swatched I found every shade, bar one has a deep shimmery pigment. The only shade that doesn’t really show up is the white eyeshadow (5) that appears quite pale with a slight shimmer.
There is a little guide on the back of the palette which gives you a idea on how to apply the shades.
To recreate my look here’s a 3 step guide:
1. I applied the white shade (5) and used it as a highlighter sweeping it under my brow
2. I applied the gold/bronze (6) shade along the inner 2/3 of my lid
3. Finally I applied the mid bronze (2) shade along the outer 1/3 of my lid blending in with the gold/bronze and sweeping into the crease.
The eyeshadow blends quite nicely but I did notice there was quite a bit of fall out initially with glitter falling around my eyes. Whilst the shades look quite different in the palette I didn’t notice much of a contrast when applied on the lid. The eyeshadow has a lovely rich pigment that looks gorgeous on.
Grab it for £4.00 at Wilkinsons (can’t find it online for some reason!)
- Nine out of the ten shades has a rich heavy pigment
- The shades are fairly well matched so can be used together for a variety of different looks
- Great budget price of just £4
- There is a small amount of fall out when applying that you have to wipe away