What the brand says
To mark Essie's 35th anniversary, they've launched Retro Revival, a collection which features 6 of the classic hard to find shades.
The releases feature the gold star- emblazoned cap which mimics the sign of the Stardust casino, the original birthplace of the brand in Las Vegas in 1981.
Included in the release are:
- Bold Beauty - a deep red perfect for the art of seduction
- Pure Chiffon - turn heads with this mid-century inspired shade.
- Prima Bella - mesmorise everyone around you with this vibrant pink
- Sweet Tart - your nails will be nothing but sweet with this shade
- Chastity - stay pure in the Sin City with Chastity
- Flawless - show off your girly side with this dainty cherry blossom shade
Out of the Revival Collection I was sent Flawless and Sweet Tart to try. Flawless is a gorgeous baby pink shade that would be perfect for Spring. It has quite a large brush so quickly covered my nail and as the formula was quite thick it only took 2 layers to fully cover my nail. It has a lovely shiny gel like finish.
Sweet Tart is a little different to what I expected. The colour was a lot darker then I thought and it's definitely more of a nude classic shade. I would say the colour is more of a creamy coffee. The formula isn't as thick as Flawless and doesn't have the same overly shiny finish.
I've only tried 2 of the new collection but they're a good example of how different the shades are. Depending on your mood you can go girly or the classic look so the varnishes are perfect to express your personality.
I give the varnishes 4/5
If you want to buy some of the classic shades you better be quick as the collection will stop being sold after 14th March 2017. The collection should be available to buy soon.
- A good mix of girly and classic shades
- Flawless has a gorgeous shiny gel like finish
- Quick drying
- The varnishes have large brushes so it's quicker to paint your nails
- A chance for you to grab some of the classic iconic shades from the Essie collection
- The formula of Sweet Tart isn't as thick so takes a few more layers to get a full result