So 2016 is almost at a close, I swear the years seem to fly by as I get older.
This year I had lots of plans for my blog and I really wanted to put my head down and focus on building my social media audience.
At the end of December 2015 I wrote down my aims for this year:
- In December 2015 I had 3,277 followers and I wanted to aim for 7,000
- In December 2016 I finished with 5,532 followers
- In December 2015 I had 2,327 likes and wanted to aim for 6,000
- In December 2016 I finished with 3,185 likes
- In December 2015 I had 334 subscribers and really wanted to get up to 1,000
- In December 2016 I finished with 740 subscribers
- In December 2015 I had 297 followers and really wanted to aim for 1,000
- In December 2016 I finished with 403 followers
As well as building my social media followers I really wanted to focus on my Youtube and post at least one video a week.
So at the end of the year I haven't quite hit my social media targets but they have grown and I've put a lot more focus into having a consistent social media promotion schedule. I'm really happy with how my Youtube has grown as I almost hit my target and I grew from 50,000 views at the start of January 2016 to 121,656 views by December 2016. I'm also pretty pleased that a big makeup brand showed interest in my blog and added me to their blogger outreach list.
In 2017 I want to achieve even more with my blog and actually try and hit some of my social media targets. I plan on reading more books to help my development and listen to any tips I come across.
My targets for 2017 include:
- Youtube - 1,100 subscribers
- Twitter - 8,000 followers
- Facebook - 5,000 likes
- Instagram - 1,000 followers
- Pinterest - 1,000 followers
I will be putting my head down and hope to achieve these and more!