What the brand says
Bourjois brand new mascara Volume Reveal claims to give volume that showcases your lashes like never before. The product is available in black and waterproof black and has a x3 zoom mirror to ensure you capture every lash, no matter how small.
The formula of the mascara is actually really thin so it's not as easy as you'd think to add volume to your lashes. I went over my lashes probably about 3 times to get the finish you see in the photo. I can't say I'm overly keen on the results, it seemed to clump a bit and I got the dreaded spider leg effect. On the plus side the mascara doesn't budge and by the end of the day it's still going strong, albeit my lashes have wilted a little. There's also no smudges or panda eyes at the end of the day. I really like the mirror as it really helped me capture even the smallest of lashes I couldn't see in my normal mirror.
Considering how good Bourjois previous mascaras were I was a bit disappointed with the results of their latest product. It didn't really give me the volume I expected from the outset and whilst it is possible by applying lots of layers this can cause it to clump.
I give it 2/5
Get it for £9.99 at Superdrug
- Comes with a mirror that gives you 3x zoom into your lashes so it makes it easier to capture the smaller ones.
- Doesn't smudge or budge over the course of the day
- Brush is so flexible which may have drawbacks including it possibly weakening and falling off!
- The mascara didn't add the volume I expected as the formula was quite thin.
- If you apply more then one layer to get the volume the mascara starts to clump