What the brand says
Whether your eyes are blue or brown Max Factor Smoky Eye drama kits are designed specifically to flatter each unique eye colour. There is currently 6 shades available which add the perfect finish to your look.
When I first swatched this I was so excited by how velvety soft the eyeshadows felt. The shades literally felt like butter as I swept some colour onto my skin. A sucker for gold palettes the sparkle of this kit lured me in straight away. Despite Max Factor claiming Sumptuous Gold has been designed to flatter brown eyes I feel this is more of a universal shade and went fine with my blue eyes. The centrepiece of the palette is the light gold shade, which is accompanied by a sultry bronze gold and light brown eyeshadow. There is also a deep brown powder for your eyebrows. The eyeshadows look really shimmery in the palette but when swatched they’re not quite as intense. There is one exception however as the bronze gold shade has quite intense pigmentation.
I used all the shades in the palette to create a gorgeous sultry gold look. Here’s how to recreate it:
1. First I applied the light gold in the inner corner of my eye blending slightly outwards
2. I blended the bronze gold into where the light gold tapers off and blended towards the outer lashes
3. Finally I applied the dark brown on top of the bronze gold and slowly blended them together to create a dark gold smokey eye.
The shades work really well together and were really easy to blend. Whilst the light gold looks really faint in the picture it does look a light brighter in reality and the finished look is really shimmery and pigmented. There is pretty much no fall out when applying and several hours later a small amount of glitter on the inner corner of my eye appeared to be the only issue. I think the brow powder was a bit too dark for my colouring but it did seem to add a nice bit of shape to my eyebrows.
A lovely highly pigmented eyeshadow that is perfect for adding some sparkle to a night out.
I give it 4/5
Get it for £8.99 at Superdrug
- A gorgeous shimmery palette
- The shades blend really well together
- Nicely pigmented
- Comes with a brow powder so you get a little bit extra for your money
- A small amount of glitter shed over the period that I was wearing it