What the brand says
Discover a whole new collection of shades with Makeup Revolution Girl Panic. In the new girly inspired collection there are 18 shades; 12 of which are shimmer and 6 are matte.
So it's the usual story, I was having a little browse in Superdrug whilst waiting for Peugeot to install Carplay on my car. I don't know if any of you have Carplay but I have jumped through hoops to get this as no one seems to have heard of it. Turns out there was someone at the dealership who was very much aware. There's always one in the know!
Anywho, whilst waiting I had a quick browse in Superdrug. I picked up a few items but what caught my eye was Makeup Revolution Girl Panic. I haven't seen this palette before so it may be fairly new. As i'm not a huge fan of matte shades I was glad this palette focused more on shimmer, as a lot of their newer palettes have been all about the matte eyeshadows. It has quite a varied colour spectrum with pinks, nudes and smokey shades all in the same palette. The shimmer shades were quite pigmented but By Invitation, Girlfriend, Chelsea Mayhem and Get Closer were incredibly strong shimmery colours. Demolition seemed more matte than the others but there was a small amount of glitter running deep within it. Three of the matte shades were very light and hard to detect but the darker three Hypnotic, Mesmerised and Clever Words had more pigmentation.
For the look I'm creating I'm going to be using Let It Happen, Girlfriend, Chelsea Mayhem and Going Nowhere.
To recreate my look simply follow these simple instructions:
1. First apply Let It Happen all over your lid and under your brow bone
2. Apply Girlfriend in the inner corner of your eye and sweep it out up to a 1/4 of the lid
3. Sweep Chelsea Mayhem along the other 3/4 of your lid and blend the two shades together
4. Finally blend Going Nowhere into the very outer edge of your lid so you have a lovely contrast of three shades.
To get a good colour payoff I did have to press really quite hard but once the colour is on it stays put all day. There is no fall out either which is pretty good for shimmer shadows. I would say however the majority of Makeup Revolution's palettes are great in that they rarely drop down around the eye and on the face. The finish was a lovely shimmery eye that blended together really well.
I like how the palette has a good range of different colours so is suitable for lots of different occasions. There's a mixture of shimmer and matte shades so depending on what you prefer you're bound to find something you like. The only thing I would say is some of the shades require a lot of pressure to get a good amount of colour, and as always the lighter matte shades do not have much pigment.
I give it 4/5
Get it for £6.00 at Superdrug
- The palette has 18 shades with both shimmer and matte finishes so you can mix and match for different looks
- Great budget buy at only £6
- The eyeshadows do not have any fall out
- Stays put all day
- You do have to press really hard to get a good colour payoff
- The lighter matte shades don't have much pigment and are really hard to see when applied