If you find you’re always late leaving the house it’s probably because you haven’t prepared and have left everything to the last minute. With a little forward planning it’s possible for you to get ready in 10 minutes. Here’s some tips on how to make being late a thing of the past.
Do as much as you can the night before
The best way to get ready quickly in the morning is to prepare as much as you can the night before. Your checklist should include:
- Make your lunch and pack any snacks you want to take. Indecisiveness can be very time consuming so if you don’t know what you want to eat, making it the night before will help.
- Sort out the clothes you’re going to wear so there’s no early morning fumbling and lay out your makeup and accessories. Looking for the right outfit is the most time consuming task in my day and I’m sure it is for you too!
- Shower or bathe in the evening so you don’t need to do it in the morning. Showering can take at least 10 minutes so this is a big time saver!
- Check your bag in the evening to make sure you have your purse, keys and anything else you might need in the morning.
When morning comes
So you’ve got as much as you could prepared the night before but you still need to get out of the door on time. Here’s some ideas to keep on track:
- The easiest way to get ready in 10 minutes is to get up on time. If you like to have a little snooze in the morning, set your alarm 15 minutes earlier then normal so you still wake up on time. Once your alarm goes off the second time, jump straight out of bed and head into the bathroom.
- In the bathroom, get dressed, wash your face, brush your teeth and put on makeup. If you’re really quick this should take around 3-4 minutes.
Grab a bite to eat
You may not want to eat breakfast in such a short period of time but it is possible to get a bit of food in your belly in around 5-6 minutes.You can quickly make some toast or put some cereal together in that time and chomp it down before your time is up. If you’d rather not rush you can take some fruit, energy bars or cereal takeaway pots with you when you leave.
With a little preparation you’ll soon find it’s a lot easier to get up and out of the door on time. I’m sure your boss will thank you for it!