What the brand says
Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 is the third installment of the popular Iconic palette. The palette consists of 12 shades that are a mixture of pearl, shimmer and matte finishes.
As you all know I'm a massive fan of Makeup Revolution eyeshadows and recently went on a pretty big splurge (haul will be on Youtube soon). I love the Iconic palettes as the shades are so pretty and have fabulous pigmentation. This palette does have the best of both worlds with half the palette consisting of lighter jewel shades whilst the other half has darker, smoker tones. It doesn't come with a mirror or eyeshadow brush but at £4 you can't really quibble.
As you can see in the photo a lot of the shades in the palette have very strong pigmentation with real shimmer to them. I do really love 5 and 6 as they're really strong colours but at the same time they're not too intense.
For my look I opted for pretty pastel shades for a pretty Spring look.To recreate it read on:
1. First I covered my lid with number 3, a light pink matte base with surprisingly strong pigmentation
2. On the outer half of the lid I applied number 2, a light pink shimmer
3. For the finish I went for number 5, a pretty dark pink/purple shade on the very outer corner of my eye.
The eyeshadow blends well and applies really easily. The finish was a really cute shimmery eye that is perfect for teaming up with a little tea dress as the weather gets warmer (!). Several hours after applying the eyeshadow is still going strong and hasn't creased. After the initial application there isn't any fall out either.
This palette is so versatile and you can do so much with it. There is the odd shade that doesn't work so well but the majority are really good and give a really strong colour. At £4 it's an absolute steal and I recommend you buy it now!
Get it for £4 at Superdrug
- Amazing bargain buy at just £4!
- The palette is very versatile you can wear shades alone or together for numerous looks
- Majority of the shades have excellent pigmentation
- Several hours after application the eyeshadow still looks great and hasn't creased!
- One or two of the shades are quite light and don't have a very good colour payoff.