The quality of your makeup brushes are paramount to get that pro-makeup look you desire. Whilst there are many amazing branded makeup brushes available, if you don't take care of them even the best brand will start to lose their effectiveness.
Why should you clean your makeup brushes I hear you ask? Your skin contains a lot of dirt and oil that gets transferred to the bristles of your brushes on use. Over time this bacteria multiplies and if you don't clean your brushes you're continuously spreading it back onto your face. This can lead to clogged pores, irritated skin and breakouts, especially if you don't have a regular cleansing routine.
You'll probably find thousands of tutorials on Google advising how to clean your brushes but these can often contain a lot of steps and can seem complicated. Cleaning your makeup brushes is not the most exciting job in the world so the best way is to keep it simple so you can carry on using your brushes for years to come.
All you'll need to clean your brushes is some baby shampoo.
How to do it
1. Run your brush bristles under lukewarm water with the bristles pointing downwards. Try to avoid getting water where the bristles meet the head of the brush as this can loosen the glue.
2. Put a small amount of baby shampoo in your palm
3. Swirl the bristle in the baby shampoo until you create a rich lather
4. Once you feel all the dirt and bacteria has been removed, wash the bristles under the lukewarm water again
5. Squeeze any excess water out of the bristles and see if the water runs clear. If the water is still dirty repeat the process.
6. Use a cloth or paper towel to dry the bristles and reshape them as you wish.
7. Don't forget other tools like your eyelash curlers need washing too. Put a little baby shampoo between your fingers and massage it onto the tongs.
8. Finally let your brushes dry over night and by the next day they should be good to go!
I hope you find this tutorial useful and that your makeup brushes will get a whole new lease of life.