Up to 60% of women suffer from a sensitive scalp that can often be uncomfortable and distracting. One of the most common triggers of a sensitive scalp is shampoo as they often contain harsh cleansers or surfactants that can wash away the scalps natural acid mantle. This in turn results in itchiness and dryness which can lead to conditions like dandruff.
Joico Daily Care Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner is a new form of treatment developed to treat problems scalps. Joico wanted to release a healing product that didn't smell off putting or 'chemical'. It's ideal for treating dandruff, psoriasis and seborrhea. Designed to cleanse and moisturise it uses Inositol to stimulate healthy skin tissue.
Whilst I wouldn't say my scalp is on the top scale of irritability it certainly has its moments. I often found when using normal shampoo I could feel a burning sensation on the top of my head after a few minutes of use. When using Joico Treatment shampoo there was a slight element of burning but it was not as strong as it would be with a typical product. It has a really pleasant smell that is not overpowering. The conditioner was easy to use and felt gentle on my skin. One of the key components of the shampoo and conditioner apart from the Inositol was the Bio-Advanced Peptide complex, Biotin, Jojoba and Safflower oils.
- Bio-advanced Peptide complex helps reconstruct the hair
- Biotin helps to promote excellent blood circulation to the scalp
- Jojoba and Safflower oils moisturise the skin and draw away impurities.
I have been using this set of products for a little while and really do feel it's having some sort of benefit on my scalp. My scalp feels less irritated and there appears to be less skin clumps.
I give it 4/5
The shampoo starts at £8.74 (RRP £12.95) at All Beauty
- Helps to repair your scalp reducing the symptoms of conditions like dandruff and psoriasis
- Pleasant non medicinal smell
- Hair is left looking healthy with a natural shine
- A little more expensive then other scalp repairing product like Head and Shoulders
- No nasties which can cause irritation
*this was sent as a sample for me to review