The run up to Christmas is a really exciting time for kids with all the bright lights, activities and Santa’s upcoming visit. Whilst there’s so much to see and do sometimes you just have a gap and that means the kids will get bored. Why not get busy with the kids in the kitchen and create Melted snowmen cookies, they’re a fun treat to create that will please any palette. Even if you don’t have kids you can whip a batch up to impress your friends at work.
You will need the following:
Chocolate chip cookie mix (or make them the old fashioned way)
Different coloured icing
1. To start I added 2 tablespoons of water to the already made cookie mix.
2. Spoon onto ungreased baking trays and pop into a pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade. (Whatever you do don’t put it on at 200 or your cookies will burn)
3. Let the cookies cool down
4. Whilst your cookies are cooling down pop a fair amount of the icing sugar into the bowl and pour in a small amount of water. Ideally you should measure this but if you’re careful and add a small amount of water your icing will be the right consistency.
5. Spread the icing fully onto the cookie so it looks like melted snow
6. Add a white marshmallow to the top of the cookie
7. Get your icing and carefully pipe a line around the marshmallow crossing over so it looks like a scarf
8. Grab some black icing and use a small nozzle to pipe small arms and buttons
9. Using the same nozzle pipe two eyes and a mouth
10. Finally use the red icing (or orange if you have it) to create a little nose