Beverly Hills Formula tooth whitening experts have come up trumps with their latest creation – a Perfect White toothpaste that is actually black.
Perfect White Black is a unique new toothpaste that utilises the use of activated charcoal to give beaming white smiles.
Normally only used on the barbeque, the charcoal used in the toothpaste is very safe and actually a lot less abrasive on your teeth then typical toothpaste.
Having a nice smile is important to me and whilst my teeth aren’t bright yellow they can certainly be improved. With so many whitening products on the market it can be hard to decide what’s right for you and what actually works.
With an advanced Hydrated Silica formula Perfect White offers a high
performance whitening boost whilst the stain dissolving Pentasodium
Triphosphate agent prevents food particles settling on the teeth. For
extra stain removal, the anti-tartar ingredient Tetrasodium
Pyrophosphate coats the surface of your teeth to prevent bacteria
forming, leaving your teeth feeling and appearing brighter all day.
When I was first asked to try the toothpaste I was surprised to see how black it actually was. The consistency was quite runny but it still had a pleasant mint taste and I wasn’t left with any unpleasant aftertaste. After one use my teeth did feel clean and smooth but I didn’t notice a huge amount of whitening. As with most whitening products it does take time to take effect and I expect the product to brighten the teeth over a period of a month.
With its unique charcoal element the toothpaste really stands out but may scare some people who fear it may actually darken their teeth. It’s a good concept and if it works it will prove it’s more then just a fad.
I give it 3/5
You can buy it for £4.99 at Superdrug.
- Contains Hydrated Silica which helps to perform a whitening boost
- Has a stain dissolving Pentasodium Triphosphate agent which prevents food particles settling on your teeth
- Has a unique selling point with its black colour and infused charcoal ingredient
- Still has a pleasant mint taste and there’s no unexpected side effects
- Left my teeth feeling clean and plaque free
- The whitening effect isn’t instant and may take a long period of time which may be disappointing for some
- The black colour may put some people off