There are a few beauty laws we should all abide to and one of those age old rules was never pop a pimple. Who came up with that one and who has ever actually listened?
Contrary to popular belief it’s actually okay to pop a pimple as long as you follow a few simple rules.
- Choose your spots carefully. You should only attempt to burst ‘ripe’ spots which have a white head on. If it’s an angry red bump step away you could end up scarring your skin.
- Wash your face and fingers, and wipe your spot with alcohol. It may sting a little but this is the best way to cleanse the area
- Puncture the spot by passing a sterile needle through the very top. If the pus doesn’t come it it wasn’t ready to be popped.
- Carefully apply pressure to the side of the spot, ensuring you never push down on the pimple as this could cause it to collapse inwards leaving your skin inflamed.
- Wipe the area again with alcohol then apply a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid based treatment like Dr Nick Lowe Spot gel £9.18.
- Finally leave the area alone! Don’t apply makeup as it needs time to heal.