Potatoes go into many recipes that we all think of as comforting or delicious, take Shepherds pie for example or even Pie and mash. I’m a sucker for potatoes myself and love coming up with new and exciting ways of using potatoes as a base to create something that’s even better then the last recipe.
Casseroles are a sumptous and yummy dish with a warmth that will last on in you for the rest of the night, which is why I decided to create a sausage and potatoe casserole. The sausage gives off a nice tasty kick whilst the potatoes add a crunchy, but enduring texture to the dish.
- 500g New potatoes halved
- 1 Pack of Pork Sausages
- 1 Jar Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 Sliced Onion
- 1 Diced Green Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 tbsp Water
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan; fry the potatoes and sausages for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper and onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn the sausages occasionally until browned.
- Add the pasta sauce to the saucepan along with 1-2 tbsp of water
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving
The casserole with serve 4 people and should be in the oven for around 15 mins. Tuck in!